Cache is an area in the memory or hard drive of your computer where information on pages retrieved from the network may be stored.
When you exit the browser application, memory cache is automatically emptied. If disk cache has been created, it is maintained.
To Clear Your Cache
Instructions for Internet Explorer Users: (IE 8.0)
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Select "Tools" from the pull-down menu.
- Under "Browsing history" select the Delete button (or press Ctrl+Shift+Delete).
- In the "Delete Browsing History" window, ensure "Delete Temporary Internet Files" is selected.
- Press the "Delete" button.
- When returned to the "Internet Options" window, click on "OK" to close.
Instructions for Safari (iPad) Users
- Select the "Settings" icon, normally located towards the middle of your iPad Home Screen.
- Your iPad Settings menu should now be displayed. Select the option labeled "Safari".
- Select the option labeled "Clear Cache".
- A confirmation message will now appear on your screen. Select "Clear".
- To terminate the process, select "Cancel".
Instructions for Safari (Mac OS X) Users
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click the Safari menu.
- Select "Empty Cache".
- A confirmation will now appear on your screen. Select "Empty".
For users of other browsers, please refer to your browser's documentation on memory/disk caching.